Friday, November 30, 2012

Big News!

I am officially a work-at-home mom.

Yup, today is my last day of full-time work outside of the house. It was a difficult decision to make, and we mulled over it for quite some time, but it's the best decision for our family at this time. What will this mean for you, my customers, though?

1. On time blog posts- It will take a bit to get into the swing of things, but I'm hoping to get blog posts written either the night before, or to get up about an hour before my kids do, and get them done right away in the morning.

2. Faster creations- I will have more than just a couple hours in the evening to work on orders. I won't have to work on orders while feeling guilty for not spending time with my children, I will finally have time for both.

3. More local craft fairs and farmer's markets- I never really had time to work on a bulk amount of items, I had enough time to finish custom orders, but that was about it. So, you'll be seeing my face around the crafty world much more now if you live in Iowa!

4. Longer delivery times- I know, this probably makes no sense to you. Since I won't be driving into town every day for work, I won't be able to ship orders every day. Ship day will be every Saturday. If you are looking to order on a Friday and want to know how long you will have to wait before it ships- e-mail me. Depending on the size of the order, I may be able to crochet it up in one night and have it ready to ship by the following day.

In short, this is a wonderful decision for both my family and my business. I am incredibly excited to move forward {with all of you in tow of course!} and see what the future holds for my crochet creations!

Happy Friday!

 {Also, sorry about the lack of a follow-up post to my closet storage on Wednesday, you'll be seeing part two right here bright and early on Monday morning. I'll be writing from the comfort of my couch. See you then!}


No comments:

Post a Comment